Best ever National Results!
This year the Youth Championships took place first with the Bag Cats after. Windsor had 15 swimmers take part in the National Championships this year, three of them being part of the relays. With twelve individual Qualifiers, this put us as the leading team in County.
Day 1 The Heats
- Lily Glover started the Championships off gaining places in the semi final for the 200m IM and the 100m Butterfly.
- Lucy Campbell swam in the 100m Backstroke finishing in the Top 30.
- The Boys Youth 4 x 100 Freestyle team finished 15th but missed the final by .11 The team went 5.5 seconds quicker than the regional's. In the team was Oliver Leonard, Alex Farrell, Cameron Moffat and Declan Bourke.
Day 1 Semi Finals
- Lily Glover finished in the top 15 in the 200m IM finishing with a personal best time. Lily was ranked 20th going into the semi final on the 100m Butterfly, Lily finished 8th overall booking her place into the final.
Day 2 The Heats
- Becky Dutfield started off her National Championships with a solid performance in the 400m Freestyle. Lucy Campbell also had a solid performance in the 400m Freestyle gaining a place into the final ranked 6th.
- Oliver Leonard swam in the 100m Freestyle and booked himself into the semi final ranked 13th.
- The girls 4 x 100 Freestyle team had a solid performance in the team was Lily Glover, Lucy Campbell, Becky Dutfield and Florence Claringbold.
Day 2 Semi Final / Final
- Oliver Leonard swam another solid performance in the 100m Freestyle but was unable to progress to the final.
- Lucy Campbell took her chance in the 400m Final and won Windsor's first medal. Lucy gained a silver medal with a personal best time.
- Lily Glover finished 5th over all the 100m Butterfly with a personal best time.
Day 3 The Heats
- Lily Glover was back in the pool this time for the 200m Butterfly, Lily swam a small personal best time and put herself into the semi finals ranked 3rd.
- The boys 4 x 200 Team had another great performance improving their time by seven seconds. In the team was Declan Bourke, Cameron Moffat, Alex Farrell, Oliver Leonard.
- Becky Dutfield swam in the 800m Freestyle with another solid performance just off her personal best time.
- Lucy Campbell also swam in the 800m Freestyle, Lucy had a very tough race but still picked up a silver medal.
Day 3 Semi Finals
- Lily Glover had a great semi final gaining another personal best time putting herself third into the 200m Butterfly final.
Day 4 The Heats
- Oliver Leonard had to withdraw himself due to Illness the night before. We wish Oliver a speedy recovery!
- Lucy Rigby swam in the 100m Breaststroke swimming just outside of her personal best time.
- Florence Claringbold also had a solid performance just missing out on the semi final finishing 23rd.
- Becky Dutfield swam a personal best time in the 200m Backstroke with a great performance swim
- Lucy Campbell also swam in the 200m Backstroke and progressed to the semi final.
Day 4 Semi Final/ Final
- Lucy Campbell improved her time in the 200m Backstroke but just missed out on making the final.
- Lily Glover had the swim of her life so far.... Lily went into the final ranked 3rd. Lily was in 3rd place through out the race and managed to fight off rival swimmer Emma Day and finished 3rd with another personal time set.
Day 5 The Heats
- Lily Glover competed in the 50m Freestyle with a solid race just missing out on the semi final.
- Alex Farrell also swam in the 50m Freestyle, Alex set a small personal best time and progressed to the semi Final.
- The boys 4 x 100 Medley team had a solid performance in the team was Alistair Bingham, Marcus Hazelwood, Tim Delaney and Alex Farrell.
- The girls also had a great swim in the 4 x 100 Medley Team, they were 4 seconds faster than the regional's and finished 13th.
- Whilst the heats where going on the Bag Cat Open Water started. Windsor had two swimmers, Nicole Ryan and Albert Karavis. Nicole gained two medals, she gained a silver for finishing second overall and silver for her age group. Albert Karvis gained a silver medal for finishing second overall and Gold in his age group.
- Windsor finished second overall in the Top Club award.
Day 5 Semi Final / Final
- Alex Farrell swam another personal best time putting him in his first ever Youth final. Alex went into the final ranked 10th. During the final Alex managed to move up to 7th with another personal best time.
- The Open Water Youth started on the Sunday morning, Windsor had swimming first time swimmers Alistair Bingham, Becky Dutfield and defending Champion Lucy Campbell. Great Performances from all Three swimmers.
- Lucy Campbell managed to regain her title as Champion in the 1750m race.
- The Monday saw the start of the Bag Cats for Windsor, Nicole Ryan swam in the 400m Freestyle and gained a 2 second personal best time to put her into the final. Nicole was 6th going in and with another small best time she finished fourth overall.
- Albert Karavis also swam on the Monday in the boys 1500m Freestyle. Albert bettered his personal best time by 23 seconds and finished fourth just missing out on the bronze.
- Tuesday saw Nicole Ryan swim a solid performance on the 800m Freestyle.
- Windsor took away 8 medals.
Well done to all the swimmers that took part. Thanks to all the coaching / teaching staff for contributing to the best Nationals to date!